Heartsaver First Aid (CPR/AED)
30 January 2020
6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
About the Course
The Heartsaver CPR AED course trains participants to give CPR, and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Reflects science and education from the American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC).
This class will cover the following concepts:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*
*Child and infant modules are optional
This is a 4 hour course. After taking the class, students receive a course completion card that is valid for 2 years.
This course is not the correct level for EMR, EMT, or AEMT courses. Please see BLS-CPR.
- 4 hours of classroom instruction
- Heartsaver certification, valid for 2 years
No Experience Needed
- This course is intended for anyone, no previous medical training required
Contact us to learn more.