Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
12-13 March 2020
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
About the Course
This advanced course highlights the importance of high-performance team dynamics and communication, systems of care, recognition and intervention of cardiopulmonary arrest, immediate post-cardiac arrest, acute dysrhythmia, stroke, and acute coronary syndromes (ACS).
This class will cover the following concepts:
- Apply the BLS, Primary, and SecondaryAssessments sequence for a systematic evaluation of adult patients
- Perform prompt, high-quality BLS, including prioritizing early chest compressions and integrating early automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Recognize and perform early management of respiratory arrest
- Discuss early recognition and management of ACS and stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Recognize and perform early management of bradyarrhythmias and tachyarrhythmias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Recognize and perform early management of cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post–cardiac arrest care
- Model effective communication as a member or leader of a high-performance team
- Evaluate resuscitative efforts during a cardiac arrest through continuous assessment of CPR quality, monitoring the patient’s physiologic response, and delivering real-time feedback to the team
- Recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Discuss how the use of a rapid response team or medical emergency team may improve patient outcomes
- Define systems of care
Instruction is a total of 16 hours, spread across two days. Upon completion you will receive an AHA ACLS eCard. The provider manual is required for this course.
- 16 hour course
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support eCard certification upon completion
- American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual (Required)
- This course is intended for healthcare professionals and personnel in emergency response
- $75 seat deposit
Contact us to learn more.